Address: 414 E. Main St
Durham NC 27701
STI Clinic Supervisor
Earline Parker, RN, BSN
Hours of Service
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
(Closed 12 - 1pm)
Need more resources?
Are you ready for PrEP?
Talk to us about a referral for HIV PrEP
A powerful and effective new prevention tool for HIV.
One pill a day can reduce your risk for HIV.
Free counseling, testing and referral for PrEP.
Financial assistance options available.
Our PrEP Partners
April is STD Month: Get tested today...
Routine HIV Testing – Why Wait? Get Tested
The CDC estimates that 1 in 5 people infected with HIV are unaware that they are infected…and 54% of new sexually transmitted HIV infections in the US originate from HIV-infected persons who are unaware of their infection.
CDC recommendations urge providers to include HIV testing as a routine part of health care for all patients 13 – 64 years of age regardless of their risk. Routine HIV testing ensures that:
- More people learn about their HIV infection.
- Those who learn about their infection will benefit from earlier access to treatment.
- There is a reduction in the risk of further transmitting HIV to others.
HIV + Services
Taking the step to get in care can be challenging, but extremely helpful in managing HIV. No client will be denied services because of inability to pay.
Three Free and Confidential STI Testing Services
Services in Clinic 6
Results are available in about 7 business days.
Consider this service if
- You feel fine but want to know your status
- You only want blood and urine or vaginal testing
Testing only services are walk-in.
Registration is Available Daily
- 8:00am - 4:30pm (Monday - Friday) in Registration located in Lobby 1
8:00am - 6:00pm (Tuesday)
Testing Only Hours
- 8:30am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 5:00pm (Monday - Friday)
- 1:00pm - 6:00pm (Tuesdays)
For more information, call us: 919-560-8819
2. STI Clinician Visit (Doctor, Nurse, NP)
Consider this service if:
- You are having symptoms
- You need medicine today
- You are interested in HIV PrEP
- You are a man that has sex with men
Clinician services are walk-in and first come, first served.
Registration for daily appointment slots begins at 8:00am Monday-Friday in Registration located in Lobby 1.
- 8:30am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 5:00pm (Monday - Thursday)
- 8:30am - 12:00pm (Fridays)
Clinic Phone: 919-560-7658
ITTS (I Take Testing Seriously) provides HIV/STD testing (Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Chlamydia, and Hepatitis C) and education in various sites in Durham.
Testing and education are offered at time convenient to you, confidential, free and available to any Durham County resident.
List of reportable conditions:
- STI/HIV Report Form - (For Durham County residents, fax to: 919-560-7716)
- STI Treatment Guidelines
Do you know about syphilis?
- You may have syphilis with no active symptoms.
- There is a cure for syphilis
- Without treatment syphilis can cause serious harm to your body.
- Men who have sex with men should test regularly for syphilis.
- See a clinician if you think you have syphilis or you have been told you were exposed to syphilis.
Free Naloxone kits available at our Pharmacy!
Do you have a loved one who uses heroin or other opiates? Reduce their risk for death from overdose by obtaining training for use of this free opioid overdose reversal kit.