Health Education Division Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How can I find out about when the next health class will be held?
Visit the calendar webpage to see when health education classes will be held.
2. How do I get health education staff to come to my health fair?
Complete our Health Fair Request Form and e-mail the form to email@example.com. You may also call (919) 560-7760. Your health fair will be sent to our staff and you will receive a reply if anyone is able to attend.
3. How do I get someone to come to my organization to present on a health topic?
Health Promotion and Wellness provides interactive education sessions on cardiovascular health, smoking cessation, fitness/exercise, wellness, diabetes, domestic violence, gun safety, injury prevention, senior health and cancer prevention/education. To request a presentation, call(919) 560-7771.
4. I want to get tested for STDs but I don’t want to come to the clinic. How can I get tested somewhere else?
The Health Education division provides HIV and STD testing in the community. Call 919-560-7762 to for community testing locations.
5. What is the Partnership for a Healthy Durham?
The Partnership for a Healthy Durham is a coalition of local organizations and community members with the goal of collaboratively improving the physical, mental, and social health and well-being of Durham’s residents. For questions about the Partnership, call (919) 560-7833 or visit
6. Where can I get Durham County health data?
You can visit the Partnership for a Healthy Durham website at www.healthydurham.org or contact Epidemiologist Denver Jameson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-560-7832.